Ammunition depot in Cossack Bay in Crimea explodes
Footage apparently showing explosions at a Crimean ammunition depot have been shared by the Ukrainian armed force as speculation mounts about a push to recapture the peninsula, occupied by Russia since 2014.
The largely dark 55-second clip, released by the Defence Intelligence of Ukraine, shows blasts resulting from what appears to be a sabotage mission on Friday night, followed by the arrival of emergency vehicles with flashing blue lights.
A statement shared via the organisation’s website said: “Around ten in the evening on July 28, there was a lot of noise in the Cossack Bay of the temporarily occupied Crimea.
“Witnesses heard two explosions and the sounds of further detonation of ammunition.
“Several ambulances and police arrived at the scene.”
READ MORE: EU branded ‘Big Brother’ with bid to target UK citizens with fingerprinting
The 810th separate marine infantry brigade of the occupiers was currently stationed in the area of the Cossack Bay, the statement explained.
Using a nickname for Russian forces, it added: “It is known that the explosions and detonation as a result of the sabotage took place at the “temporary warehouse” of ammunition of the Rashists.”
The footage comes after Krylo Budanov, told journalists Kyiv’s forces would recapture Crimea “soon” – although he offered no specific time frame.
The Defence Ministry also claimed to have foiled multiple drone attacks on Crimean targets last night, according to state news agency Tass.
A statement attributed to a ministry spokesman said: “Tonight, the Kyiv regime attempted to carry out a terrorist attack with 25 drones of airplane type on facilities on the territory of the Crimean peninsula.
“Sixteen Ukrainian drones were destroyed by air defence systems. Another nine Ukrainian drones were suppressed by electronic warfare and, having failed to reach the target, crashed into the waters of the Black Sea and Cape Tarkhankut.”
There were no casualties or damage, the ministry claimed.
A similar wave of attacks was launched on July 24, the Ministry claimed, with Russian Defence Ministry with all 17 likewise stopped.
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
UK’s worst tower block where families cower while yobs start fires[INSIGHT]
The new Brexit board game featuring Nigel Farage[REPORT]
Chaos at Dover as families stuck in queues for hours on hugely busy day[LATEST]
Again nobody was injured, according to Crimea head Sergey Aksyonov.
On Wednesday, Ukraine’s security service for the first time claimed responsibility for an explosion which badly damaged the Kerch Bridge linking the Russian-occupied Crimean Peninsula with Russia last October.
The blast, which Russian authorities said was caused by a truck bomb, left three people dead.
Speaking on Ukrainian national television, Ukrainian Security Service head Vasyl Malyuk said his agency was behind the attack.
He added: “There were many different operations, special operations.
“We’ll be able to speak about some of them publicly and out loud after the victory.
“We will not talk at all about others.
“It is one of our actions, namely the destruction of the Crimean bridge on October 8 last year.”
Source: Read Full Article