Womans missing diamond engagement ring turns up inside beloved puppy in X-ray

A woman was shocked when her missing diamond and sapphire engagement ring turned up inside her beloved pet dog.

Elayna Rattenbury, 38, lost the expensive ring from her bedside table but suspected her pet Labrador Stevie after he destroyed a box of tissues in her bedroom.

The legal director from Worcester then took the seven-month-old pooch to a vet, where an X-ray exposed Stevie as the culprit.

Elayna said: "I'd left the bedroom door open and Stevie had sneaked in and she has a real thing for tissues.

"I went to see the mess she'd caused and immediately realised the ring was not there. It was a heart-stopping moment.

"Then I looked at Stevie and thought, 'She hasn't, surely she hasn't?' But oh yes, she had."

Luckily, the ring hadn't damaged any of the dog's internal organs.

Unluckily, this meant that Elayna and her husband Dave were told to "let nature take its course". They spent four days rummaging through Stevie's poo before they found it.

Elayna went on: "I'd expected to find it in the first 24 hours, so by day three I was thinking I must have missed it and started searching back through the poo bags from previous days.

"My husband Dave even bought a metal detector to try to find it and then, thankfully, on day four, it finally appeared.

"It obviously wasn't looking its best, so I put it into a tub of hot soapy water for two days and every few hours I was taking it out, rinsing it, scrubbing it with a toothbrush and then putting it back in to soak.

"It certainly needed a good soaking and scrubbing before I dared even smell it, let alone put it back on."

Vet Annelies De Vos said it was lucky that the lab had swallowed something so small.

Love dogs?

Join our brand new sister website TeamDogs today!

It's a place where you can share a picture of your dog in our Top Dogs feed and share your doggy advice.

She explained: "As you can see from the X-rays, Stevie had definitely eaten the owner's ring but, luckily for her, we could see the ring had not caused any internal damage and would pass through naturally within a few days.

"So, Stevie went home and we all just had to wait and see.

"Every day we were in contact to see how she was doing and if the ring had appeared and on day four the owners contacted us to give us all the good news."

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article