Thanks to recent Front Range snowfall and some cooler-than-normal temperatures, Winter Park is adding another week to its season.
The resort announced Tuesday that it will close May 16. It had been scheduled to close on Sunday.
RELATED: When every Colorado ski area is scheduled to close this season
The resort will only be operating one lift — the Super Gauge — serving Mary Jane during the final week. There will be limited services at the Mary Jane base area. No lessons or rentals will be available. Only advanced and intermediate trails will be open.
Only three other ski areas — Arapahoe Basin, Loveland and Breckenridge — remain open. Loveland is scheduled to close Sunday, and marketing director John Sellers said that will not change.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, The Adventurist, to get outdoors news sent straight to your inbox.
- Winter Park extends ski season two weeks to May 9
- Aspen Snowmass extends 2020-2021 ski season by a week
- Vail Resorts extends ski season at Vail, Keystone and Beaver Creek
- Winter Park pass holders no longer need reservations to ski and ride
- Arapahoe Basin nearing season-pass sales limit for next season
Source: Read Full Article