TikTok stars The Smithy Family's home has burnt down in a suspected arson attack.
The family, who were in the house at the time, posted a shocking video of their semi-detached property in Bexleyheath, southeast London, badly damaged by the blaze last night.
Devastated parents Nick and Jess Smithy grabbed their newborn baby boy and two young daughters Amelia, six, and Isabella, nine, after realising their car was on fire at about 10pm.
Footage shows the property blackened and glowing due to the flames, while their car was also gutted on their drive.
The clip was shared with their 2.6million followers on the video-sharing platform..
Former builder Nick, who quit his job to become a full-time influencer, broke down in tears in a video filmed outside their home after the incident.
"I’m doing this video because people have already uploaded videos of the fire," he said.
"We all got out the house OK, the kids are fine… the dogs are OK. The house is not OK. The kids are at a safe place."
The devastating incident comes after the popular family were targeted by trolls, which led to their address being leaked online.
They have received a variety of unwanted deliveries, including takeaways they didn't order and even escorts turning up at their door.
Wife 'set sleeping husband on fire' after she 'thought he poisoned her chicken wings'
Nick then claimed that two people were behind the alleged attack.
"To the two people who have done this, you could have killed our family and not only our family, my neighbours, my friends," he said.
Many of the comments urged the family to quit social media.
The popular family became famed for posting funny video of their home life, including Nick dressing up in tights and him getting a Gareth Southgate tattoo on his leg.
Heartbreak as horse killed after 'petrol' used to set stable alight in 'arson attack'
They had even installed a swimming pool in their back garden due to sponsorship of their videos.
Firefighters said the family's car, five mobility scooters and guttering at the property were destroyed, while the exterior was badly charred.
A window and drains of a neighbour's home were also damaged in the blaze.
Sub Officer Tim Sammons, of London Fire Brigade, said: "We were called to reports of a car alight that had spread up the outside of the house.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
"There were a number of mobility scooters parked outside which had caught alight and were producing a large amount of smoke and flames.
"Everyone was out of the building before we arrived, and crews worked incredibly hard to prevent further damage to the inside of the property and to neighbouring properties.
"Our fire investigation dogs also attended to help identify any ignitable substances present."
The Daily Star has contacted Met Police for a comment.
Woman smoked a cigarette while flat went up in flames as 'voices told her to'
Source: Read Full Article