One man has died and nine people have been injured after a spate of knife attacks in south London.
The horrific incidents took place in Croydon on Friday night, February 5, across the borough between 6:56pm and 9:12pm.
Police were called to five reports of stabbings throughout the evening – but cops say there is "no known information to suggest they all linked."
Emergency services were first called to Chapman Road after initial reports of a stabbing before 7pm on February 5.
A man was found suffering from knife wounds at the scene, however his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening, according to Scotland Yard.
A short while later at around 7:15pm, cops were called to a south London hospital after four males arrived with stab and slash injuries.
The men are believed to be in their 20s.
Daily Star's newsletter brings you the biggest and best stories – sign up today
One of those males is believed to be in a life-threatening condition, the Metropolitan Police say.
At 8.08pm police were then called to Wisbeach Road, Selhurst to reports of two males suffering from stab injuries.
One man was found at the scene. Despite the best efforts of paramedics, the victim was pronounced dead.
His age is not yet known and his next of kin have been informed by police.
One male had been taken to hospital prior to police arrival – his condition is not thought to be life-threatening.
At 8:51pm, police were again called to a south London hospital after two males arrived with stab injuries.
The condition of one of the males at this time is being treated as life-threatening.
At 9.12pm, police were then called to Dingwall Road, in the town centre, to reports of a stabbing.
One man was found with knife injuries.
The Met Office said: "A male has been arrested on suspicion of GBH.
"The victim too has been arrested; at this stage it is not thought that the victim's condition is life-threatening."
A spokesperson for the Met Police said: "Police will be investigating the circumstances surrounding all of these incidents.
"At this stage, there is no known information to suggest they all linked."
It means in total 10 males were stabbed in a horrific night of violence in Croydon, with one of the attacks fatal.
There is no information at this stage to suggest the incidents are all linked, the Metropolitan Police has said.
Detective Superintendent Nicky Arrowsmith said: "Sadly, tonight we have seen a number of needless and completely abhorrent violent altercations, including one that has tragically resulted in a loss of life.
"Officers will be on patrol throughout the night across the South Area Command Unit, with additional resources from the Violent Crime Taskforce and Territorial Support Group deployed to deter and prevent any further violence.
"A Section 60 Order granting police additional stop and search powers is in place across Croydon, until 8am on Saturday, February 6.
“I urge anyone who has information that could help police to assist us as we work to investigate these incidents to speak to us as soon as you can."
Source: Read Full Article