Meghan Markle ‘told pals she didn’t want to live in US under Trump’ before move

Meghan Markle told her friends she didn't want to move to the US after quitting the Royal Family earlier this year because Donald Trump was president but has since relocated to LA, it has been reported.

The Duchess of Sussex reportedly didn’t want to live in America under Trump’s rule after she and Prince Harry announced they were stepping down.

But months later the couple have moved to Los Angeles, California.

Earlier this year, Meghan and Harry moved to a rented mansion in Vancouver, Canada, with their baby son Archie where they appeared to be settling down.

Friends told the Mail Online earlier this year that Meghan – said to be a staunch Democrat – didn’t want to move to America because of Trump.

Though they added that she and Harry did hope to move there in the distant future.

They said: “It’s by no means an immediate thing but there is a long-term plan to end up back in the US with a second home in Canada, where they will also spent a great deal of time.

“The couple used the words North America in their statement about where they planned to live deliberately. It doesn’t pin them down to any one place.”

But just four months after these reports emerged, Meghan, Harry and Archie have now packed their bags and moved to Los Angeles in California.

They reportedly left their rented home in Canada last week and flew to LA on a private flight just before the borders closed amid the coronavirus lockdown.

  • Prince Harry 'dumped Queen and Prince Charles by email' in new Megxit revelation

They are now all living in lockdown in Hollywood in accordance with the state's coronavirus containment measures.

It is claimed they decided to move there after realising living in Canada would “not work out”.

A source told The Sun: "Harry and Meghan have left Canada now for good.

“The borders were closing and the flights were stopping. They had to get out."

  • Meghan Markle told Prince Harry 'Archie and me are your family' in 'ultimatum'

The source added the couple realised Canada would "not work out for various reasons" and that they wanted to be based in Los Angeles.

“They have a big support network there. It's where their new team of Hollywood agents and PRs and business managers are based,” the source said.

“Meghan has lots of friends there and, of course, her mum Doria."

The news comes as Trump yesterday tweeted that Meghan and Harry – who officially step down as royals tomorrow, on March 31 – “must pay” for their security protection.

  • Queen using coronavirus lockdown to FaceTime royals and 'go on secret Facebook account'

He wrote: “I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen and the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada.

“Now they have left Canada for the US however, the US will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”

A spokesman for the Sussexes quickly hit back at Trump’s message, saying the couple has “no plans” to ask the US government for security assistance.

He said: “Privately-funded security arrangements have been made.”

  • Donald Trump
  • Meghan Markle
  • Prince Harry
  • Queen
  • Royal Family

Source: Read Full Article