Man ‘shot seven-year-old girl and three adults dead in row over benefits cheque’

A man has been arrested after three adults and a 7-year-old girl were gunned down in their home.

Malik Halfacre, 25, is accused of killing Anthony Johnson, 35; Dequan Moore, 23; Eve Moore, 7; and Tomeeka Brown, 44, in their home in Indianapolis on the evening of Saturday, March 13.

Another adult woman, who reportedly is the mother of Halfacre’s six-month old baby, was shot in the back during the attack, but survived. She is still in critical condition in hospital.

Her baby was briefly reported missing after the horrific incident, but has since been recovered.

Halfacre's sister called police on the morning following the killings and told them that she had the child.

She told police her brother "had knocked on the door, come inside and dropped off the baby and all the baby’s stuff before leaving.”

She also told officers that her brother had admitted to the killings.

Later that same day, Sunday March 14, police learned that Halfacre had taken refuge at a friend’s house. Despite repeated efforts to persuade him to give himself up, a police SWAT team deployed tear gas and entered the house where Halfacre was found hiding in the attic.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

The suspect was reportedly then taken into custody without incident.

According to a police report, after his arrest Halfacre admitted that he and his daughter's mother "were arguing because he wanted some of her stimulus cheque” – a special one-off benefit paid by the US government in a bid to regenerate the economy after the Covid-19 pandemic.

Investigators say that after Halfon shot everyone inside the home, he took a sum of money and his daughter's mother's purse and car before leaving.

Court records show that there was a restraining order in place forbidding Halfacre from visiting the residence where the shooting took place – or having any contact with the surviving victim.

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police deputy chief of investigations, Craig McCartt, told reporters on Monday that Halfacre had been preliminarily charged with four counts of murder, one count of attempted murder and one count of robbery.

Halfacre is due in court on March 18.

If you have been affected by issues of domestic violence or coercive control you can call Refuge's 24-Hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline for free. The number is 0808 2000 247

Source: Read Full Article