Man has whole glass cup stuck in stomach after accidentally swallowing it

Don’t miss a thing! Sign up to the Daily Star’s newsletter

A man has baffled doctors after he accidentally swallowed a glass whole while reportedly drinking a cup of tea.

The man, from Vaishali, India, was rushed to hospital after the bizarre mishap left him with constipation and severe abdominal pain.

Doctors found a "serious disturbance" in his intestines during an ultrasound and X-ray and said they couldn't believe it when they realised it was an intact glass.

But the medics struggled to remove the glass from the rectum with an endoscopic procedure and were forced to operate on the 55-year-old at the private hospital in Madipur, Bihar.

It has since been confirmed that the patient is in stable condition after the surgical team successfully removed the glass.

The embarrassed patient claims it happened while drinking tea – although doctors said this does not hold up due to the food pipe being too narrow for the object.

Dr Mahmudul Hasan, who headed the team of doctors operating on the patient, said: “How the glass got inside the body of the said patient, it is still a mystery.”

In November last year, a woman freaked out after she swallowed one of her wireless earphones instead of a painkiller while sleeping over a friends house.

Carli, from Massachuttes, US, uploaded a video of herself crying after the expensive mistake.

"I ate my f***ing left AirPod," she said.

"I was crawling into bed and I had an ibuprofen 800 in one hand and my f**king AirPod — my left earbud — in the other.

  • Britain could go to war with Russia warns retired general amid Putin's chilling warning

"I, like, threw something back and took my water bottle, took a sip.

"I then realised that it wasn’t the ibuprofen and I tried puking it up and it won't come out. I'm f***ing losing my mind."

The following day, she disconnected her AirPods and received an alert from her phone that read: "An AirPods Pro has been moving with you for a while."

Luckily, she managed to pass the earphone out of her body.

An x-ray confirmed her internal organs were not harmed.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newslettershere.

  • Hospital
  • Ryanair
  • Russia

Source: Read Full Article