A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a newborn baby died days after being found unconscious.
The seven-week-old was discovered unresponsive at a property in Burnley on November 28 last year and sadly died in hospital two days later, Lancashire Police said.
A man and a woman, both aged 25, were initially arrested on suspicion of assault and bailed.
The woman has since been released without charge.
However, the man remains on bail as the investigation continues.
A statement from Lancashire Police said: "We were called around 12.10pm on Sunday, November 28, by the Ambulance Service, to an address in Burnley.
"Emergency services attended and a seven-week-old baby boy was found unresponsive.
"The baby was taken to hospital and later transferred to Manchester Children's Hospital for further treatment.
"A man and woman, both aged 25 and from Burnley, were initially arrested on suspicion of assault and bailed.
"Sadly, the boy died on November 30. A Home Office post-mortem examination was conducted and further medical investigation is required to establish a cause of death.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
"The man and woman were re-arrested on suspicion of murder but following further enquiries the woman was later released without charge.
"The man remains on police bail until August 31. The investigation is ongoing.
"Anyone with information can contact police on 101 quoting log reference 0581 of November 28."
Source: Read Full Article