Lakewood homeowner seriously injured in house fire

One person was seriously injured in a house fire in Lakewood on Wednesday morning.

The fire at a house in the 9900 block of West Wesley Avenue was started by an electrical problem in the living room, West Metro Fire Rescue said in a tweet.

Four people were being treated at the scene for possible injuries, and one of them was later taken to the hospital with serious injuries.

Firefighters rescued 11 cats from the home and took them to the veterinarian, but seven cats were still missing Wednesday morning. One cat and a dog died in the fire, according to West Metro Fire.

The American Red Cross of Colorado and Wyoming are assisting the family.

Sign up to get crime news sent straight to your inbox each day.

Source: Read Full Article