A waiter was caught on video saving a customer's life when he started choking at an Indian restaurant.
In the clip, filmed at Bangor Tandoori Restaurant in northeast Wales, a lad eating with his mates has turned red and can't breathe.
Sheakh Rifat, a waiter, then grabs the man, Jake Snelling, around the waist and starts to perform the Heimlich maneuver.
He begins to jerk the diner's body upwards, eventually dislodging a piece of food that had become stuck.
Jake, who later said he "couldn't breathe at all", was relieved and managed to finish his meal with his friends on Sunday, May 23, the Daily Post reports.
Sheakh, from Bangladesh, recently graduated from Bangor University with a master's degree in criminal law and human rights.
He said: "I could see the guest was turning red and struggling and I wanted to help. His friend had been patting him on the back.
"I've had no formal training in this, to be honest I remember something like this happening to me and my dad did the same to me."
"To me, helping him one was one of the greatest moments in my life."
Brit lad describes terrifying moment he was trampled by stampeding rhino in African bush
Restaurant owner Mustakim Raza said: "The customer was choking and what Rifat did was a fantastic act.
"They stayed after and were very happy – in fact, they gave us good Tripadvisor reviews."
Speaking about the incident to BBC Radio Wales, Jake said: "I'd been with some friends, we'd just been up to the mountains for the weekend to do some exploring.
"We were feeling quite proud of ourselves and thought we would treat ourselves to a curry.
"All was going well, food was lovely, great atmosphere, and then disaster struck."
He said something got stuck in his throat and said it was "really lucky" Rifat walked past when he did.
Jake said: "I couldn't breathe at all. It was so lucky Rifat was there."
He continued to eat the curry after the incident, but his mates joked he could do with a blender.
Source: Read Full Article