A royal author has slammed Prince Harry for 'hypocrisy' after he blamed the media and social media for hesitancy over Covid jabs.
The 36-year-old criticised those who "peddle in lies and fear" during a speech at the GQ Men of the Year Awards on Wednesday while introducing an award for those who worked tirelessly during the pandemic to create the Oxford AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine.
The Prince's surprising appearance received a mixed response from royal fans, with some praising the royal while others referenced he shouldn't 'throw stones in glass houses'.
At the beginning of his talk, Harry hailed Professor Dame Sarah Gilbert, Professor Catherine Green and the team behind the jab as "heroes of the highest order" who "have done their part" in the fight against the virus.
While appearing via video link he went on to say how people were being “overwhelmed by mass-scale misinformation,” across news and social media, "where those who peddle in lies and fear are creating vaccine hesitancy, which in turn leads to divided communities and eroding trust."
He added the system needed to be "broken" to overcome Coronavius and new variants forming.
'Livid' Meghan Markle could 'get lawyers in' over Piers Morgan row, claims royal expert
The writer of Harry: Conversations with the Prince called out the Duke for the reported 'hyprocrisy' following the speech.
Royal author Angela Levin tweeted: "Yet another hyprocrisy. Harry is blaming 'the media and social media' for "mass-scale misinformation"
"He and Meghan didn't fall far behind during their chat to Oprah."
Ms Levin refers to the bombshell interview Prince Harry and Meghan Markle did with US host Oprah Winfrey for CBS back in March.
Harry and Meghan’s royal rift ‘difficult’ to mend as family ‘nervous’, expert speculates
During the explosive chat, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made several allegations against The Firm.
Meghan, 40, claimed she did not receive support and asked for help when she was struggling with her mental health and had suicidal thoughts when pregnant with Archie.
She had also alleged a senior member of the royal family had made a racist remark regarding Archie's skin colour before he was born.
Since then, reports say the Duke and Duchess told how the family member was not the Queen or the Duke of Edinburgh, who passed away in April. However, the name of the alleged royal has not been released.
Harry also told how he was reportedly 'cut off' from his dad Prince Charles financially when he and Meghan made the move over the Atlantic to California to start a new life.
Following the interview, Buckingham Palace released a statement from the Queen stating how the issues raised would be 'dealt with as a family', and said the Sussexes, along with Archie, would always be 'much-loved' members of the family.
Prince William later told reporters at an event that the Royal Family were 'very much not racist'.
Charities praised Meghan, who has since given birth to the couple's second child, Lilibet Diana, for speaking out over her mental health.
For emotional support, you can call the Samaritans 24-hour helpline on 116 123, email [email protected], visit a Samaritans branch in person or go to the Samaritans website.
For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article