Girl, 3, chokes to death at Asda in horrifying supermarket tragedy

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

A three-year-old girl has died after choking at an Asda supermarket.

The three-year-old girl was taken to Alder Hey Children's Hospital after choking at the store in Aintree, Merseyside, on Tuesday night but police have since confirmed the child died a short time later.

The tragic incident is not being treated as suspicious and enquiries are ongoing. It is not yet known why the little girl choked.

A North West Ambulance Service spokesperson told the Liverpool Echo: "Two emergency ambulances and a member of our Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) responded to a 999 call that a child was suffering a medical emergency at ASDA on Ormskirk Road, Aintree.

"The call was made at 20.48 yesterday evening. The patient was transported to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital."

A Merseyside police spokesperson said: "We can confirm that emergency services were in Aintree following an incident last night, Tuesday 10 August.

"At around 9.50pm, the ambulance service attended reports of a three year-old girl choking inside Asda on Ormskirk Road.

"The child was taken to hospital but sadly pronounced dead a short time later. The family are being supported by officers at this sad time.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

"The incident is not currently being treated as suspicious and enquiries are ongoing. A file is in the process of being prepared for the coroner."

Tributes poured in for the tragic toddler.

One local said: "Oh how horrid and unimaginable. Thinking of the family at this sad time. RIP Little girl."

Another wrote: "How sad god bless little girl."

A third said: "So sad. Goodnight and God bless little angel."

  • In the News
  • Asda

Source: Read Full Article