Three men armed with guns are suspected of robbing 10 banks in the metro area this year, and the robbers are threatening bank employees at gunpoint.
The robbers, described as armed and dangerous, are carrying out frightening “take-over” robberies of the banks, according to the FBI.
The dates and banks robbed by the trio, according to the FBI, are:
- Jan. 6 — Key Bank, 10502 E. Arizona Place, Aurora
- Feb. 4 — BBVA Compass Bank, 800 Broadway, Denver
- Feb. 8 — Key Bank, 12101 E. Dartmouth Ave., Aurora
- Feb. 8 — Key Bank, 16796 E. Smoky Hill Road, Centennial
- Feb. 9 — BBVA Compass Bank 8101 E. Belleview Ave., Denver
- Feb. 18 — First Bank, 1316 E. Evans Ave., Denver
- March 1 — Key Bank, 6405 E. Hampden Ave., Denver
- March 17 — First Bank, 8901 E. Hampden Ave., Denver
- March 31 — Key Bank, 3410 E. 1st St., Denver
- March 31 — BBVA Compass Bank, 8008 Yarrow St., Arvada
Metro Denver Crime Stoppers is offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case and First Bank is offering $10,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.
Anyone with information on the robberies, or on suspects, is asked to call the FBI Rocky Mountain Safe Streets Task Force at 303-629-7171; or remain anonymous and call crime stoppers at 720-913-7867 (STOP).
Source: Read Full Article