An unwelcome house guest slithered into a family's bathroom and left a trail of destruction behind.
The terrified residents assumed they were being burgled when they were awoken by crashing noises in the middle of the night.
As they raced to confront their intruder they found a giant 2.5 metre python wreaking havoc in their toilet.
The giant snake had wormed his way to a window above the basin, sending cleaning products and tiles flying.
The family, from Australia’s Gold Coast, quickly called reptile rescuers who scrambled to save him.
It was unable to free itself before being wrangled by the snake catcher, 9news reported.
South East Reptile Relocations have since relocated the non-venomous Carpet Python to a safe space.
Rescuers said: “A family in Tallebudgera was woken up by this 2.5m Carpet Python tonight which not only welcomed himself inside but began trashing the bathroom while making a poor attempt to escape.
Brit dad ’30 minutes from death’ after cobra bite adds to battle with Covid-19
Reptile experts are urging Australians to remain vigilant as more snakes move around throughout the summer months.
The slippery stranger stood at a 8.2 feet long.
It comes after a grandson took his life into his own hands when he picked up a deadly snake at his grandmother’s home on the Sunshine Coast.
The fearless relative grabbed the 1.5m Eastern Brown when he spotted it slithering towards his nan’s garage.
According to the Australian Museum, Eastern Brown Snakes have caused more bite deaths than any other snake in Australia.
The species can be found throughout Australia, but prefer open landscapes such as woodlands, scrublands, and savannah grasslands.
Source: Read Full Article