Evil step mum who killed 6-year-old boy refuses to enter court for sentencing

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

The twisted step mum who murdered a six-year-old boy has outright refused to attend her own sentencing.

Emma Tustin was convicted of murdering Arthur Labinjo-Hughes at Coventry Crown Court on Thursday, but on Friday, December 3, refused to come up from her cells to attend her own sentencing.

Her partner and Arthur’s father, 29-year-old Thomas Hughes, was found guilty of manslaughter, after his son suffered an “unsurvivable brain injury” on June 16, 2020.

Tustin carried out the fatal assault while in the sole care of Arthur at her home in Cranmore Road, Solihull, violently shaking him and repeatedly banging his head, likely against the hallway wall.

She then callously took a photograph of the unconscious youngster on her mobile phone, while he lay dying in her hall, then sending the image to Hughes.

Tustin then took 12 minutes to call 999, instead first ringing Hughes, before lying to medics and later police that Arthur “fell and banged his head”.

She claimed at trial he must have thrown himself down the stairs, despite evidence he was so starved he could barely stand.

  • 'Pitiless' dad and 'wicked' stepmum guilty of torturing and killing son, 6

During his murder trial, Coventry Crown Court heard how Arthur's grandmother Joanne Hughes previously raised her concerns to social services at Solihull Council and West Midlands Police two months before he died in June 2020, Birmingham Live reports.

She told the court she took pictures of her grandson's bruised back and offered to send them to social services – but she said they "didn't want to see them".

  • Cult leader found mummified with no eyes 'died of alcohol and silver poisoning'

She believed it was Tustin who caused the injury after the youngster told her he had been grabbed by his cheeks, shoved against a wall and called an "ugly horrible brat".

It was reported that a MASH (multi-agency safeguarding hub) referral was submitted on April 16, 2020, two months before his tragic death.

It has been reported that an independent review is under way into the actions of social workers who found "no safeguarding concerns".

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .

  • Murder

Source: Read Full Article