Evil ripper killed and raped woman in sick spree as he assaulted two others

Don’t miss a thing by getting the Daily Star’s biggest headlines straight to your inbox!

A sexual predator, obsessed with the devil, has been found guilty of two counts of kidnap, one count of rape and the murder of 44-year-old Therasia Gordon.

Brian Sengendo fatally beat, stabbed and then dumped the body of Ms Gordon, 44, in a wooded area of north London. It took place in August, last year.

And on the same night, he also targeted two other women, too. Jurors at the Old Bailey heard how the man had a collection of Tarot cards and had recorded himself ranting about devils and demons.

He even told one of his victims to say “I'm the devil's child”, while forcing them into a lewd sex act. Judge John Hillen congratulated the police for their “outstanding” work to catch a potential serial killer before he could strike again.

He said: “Through effective police work….it may well be a serial killer has been caught on day one. This is, to use a journalist vernacular, a Ripper case where an offender has been caught.”

Police first became aware of the man after an officer went to the aid of an injured woman seen stumbling in the road just after midnight on August 4 last year.

Her neck was bleeding, and she was screaming: “I have been stabbed, can someone please help me? I am a prostitute and my client stabbed me, then threw my mobile phone in the bush.”

And at 1am, a local resident call police after hearing someone shouting: “Help, please, no!” and saw a young man striking something inside a van.

Officers found a large pool of blood on the ground, a mobile phone and two bloodstained knives, jurors heard.

The phone was found to belong to Ms Gordon, a sex worker, and police circulated her details as a “high-risk missing person”.

Just under 32 hours later, a woman out for a morning walk saw what she thought was a “life-size doll” among trees.

A day later, a cyclist stopped and realised it was a woman. Sengendo was arrested in the early hours of August 7, and told police in interview that he was “confused” but did not answer questions.

However, police found his blood-soaked trainers and Tarot cards in an empty flat next to the defendant’s home. DNA testing linked it to the defendant, Ms Gordon and the saliva of another victim. He denied all the charges against him, saying he believed in the “Devil like any Christian would”.

Following the guilty verdicts, the prosecution indicated the Crown would not seek a retrial on the outstanding counts.

Detective Chief Inspector Neil John, who led the investigation, said: “Therasia’s murder has had a devastating impact on her family, not least her mum Jan.

"Not only has she had to cope with the pain of losing her daughter, but she has also had to relive the events of that night thanks to Sengendo’s refusal to take responsibility for his actions.

"She has shown the utmost dignity in coming to court every day and we hope she has some small comfort knowing that her daughter’s killer will spend most of his life behind bars."

He will be sentenced later this year.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

  • Missing Person
  • London
  • Crime

Source: Read Full Article