Plans for the Queen Consort may have changed to avoid the controversial Koh-i-Noor diamond being used due to the "political sensitivities" surrounding the jewel.
Agreements between King Charles III and Camilla Parker Bowles were reportedly in place concerning the controversial diamond set into the late Queen Mother's crown.
The priceless piece of headwear featured the famous 105-carat Koh-i-Noor diamond, which male members of the royal family tend not to wear due to rumours of it being a "cursed" item.
READ MORE: Britain 'looted' Queen's £350m crown jewel 'that curses men' from a 10-year-old boy
But new reports from inside the Royal Family say that there is "significant nervousness" over the continuing controversy of the diamond's ownership, which originated in India.
The gem features on a detachable mount present on the crown, with the original plan said to have been for the Queen Consort to be crowned with the item.
An insider has since revealed the plan has changed, saying: "The original plan was for the Queen Consort to be crowned with the late Queen Mother’s crown when her husband acceded to the throne.
"But times have changed and His Majesty The King is acutely sensitive to these issues, as are his advisors. There are serious political sensitivities and significant nervousness around them, particularly regarding India."
A date for King Charles III's coronation has been set for May 6, but whether the Koh-i-Noor diamond will make a showing is yet to be revealed, Daily Mail reported.
Bank Holiday for King Charles' coronation 'remains on the table' claim Gov insiders
Daily Star had previously reported the controversy surrounding the Koh-i-Noor diamond, which is said to have been "looted" from a 10-year-old boy.
The contested jewel is said to hold a curse with it, warning that any male of the Royal Family who wears the diamond will be provided great misfortunes.
Beyond the curses of the diamond, the actual ownership has come into question, with a representative for the Smithsonian saying: "There can be a reassessment for certain objects of, 'we may have legal ownership, but does it make sense to keep this material?'.
"This is why I say it’s important that these things not be yanked out of museums, because at least people have access and can study them until we know for sure if they were looted."
For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
- Royal Family 'hugely nervous' about release of Prince Harry's 'time bomb' memoir
- King Charles risks Meghan's wrath as coronation date clashes with Archie's birthday
- 'Seductive' Meghan had 'hunted man in England' since 2013 and 'wanted wealth and fame'
- Prince Harry shares update on Lilibet as he apologises in emotional video call
- Meghan Markle and Harry plan 'reconciliation' with royals after memoir and Netflix series
Source: Read Full Article